Stay informed on the latest news surrounding our Industry.
Sign up for our Newsletter!
NALA | AS – Capital Advisory
In collaboration with Wilshire Finance Partners (“Wilshire”), the National Assisted Living Association Florida Advisory Services (NALA | AS) has the ability to deliver capital advisory services to assist with financing needs of owners and operators of age-restricted housing, independent living and senior assisted living facilities, including financing for:
- Strategic Acquisitions
- Value-Add Acquisitions
- Opportunistic Acquisitions
- Leveraged Returns
- Capital Improvements
- Competitive Repositioning
- Acuity Level Transitioning
- Bridge to HUD/Agency Cash Out Refinances
- Restructuring and Recapitalization
- Special Situations
Wilshire is a real estate investment banker and the manager of several real estate funds delivering debt and equity solutions and advisory services to owners and operators of senior housing and healthcare-related real estate nationwide. Wilshire combines an entrepreneurial approach, institutional sophistication, and discretionary capital inside a boutique environment to deliver solutions-oriented advice and capital alternatives based on the unique characteristics, challenges, and objectives of their clients.
In addition to closing and servicing loans on the balance sheets of our funds, Wilshire has strategic relationships to deliver bank, credit union, insurance company, finance company, CMBS, and agency financing solutions.
- Agency loans include SBA, FNMA, FHLMC, and HUD catering to experienced borrowers with seasoned operating assets. These loans offer extremely competitive rates, varying recourse provisions, and longer amortization terms with higher leverage.
- Banks / Credit Unions
- Banks and Credit Unions that hold loans on their balance sheets may offer the borrower more flexible financing solutions. Loan conditions may include fixed or floating rates, initial interest-only periods, three to ten years in duration with recourse and leverage below agency debt.
- Insurance Company
- Insurance Companies cater to borrowers who want longer loan terms with the greatest flexibility in structure. These loans are more conservatively underwritten and rely heavily on the sponsorship and asset quality, providing terms, recourse provisions, and leverage that vary.
- Conduit / CMBS Loans
- CMBS execution is an attractive avenue for many borrowers. They are typically aggressively priced, non-recourse, fixed-rate loans with terms up to ten-years and higher leverage.
Through its funds and strategic relationships, Wilshire provides capital solutions for strong owner/operators requiring additional equity and equity-like capital. Although the need for equity may be on a stand-alone basis, sponsorship often engages Wilshire to assist with the debt financing.
The structure and terms of equity and equity-like capital varies and is driven by a number of factors, including:
- The overall experience, education, and breadth of the sponsorship team
- Sponsorship direct in-market experience with the specific asset type and transaction requirements
- Verifiable positive financial results as a sponsor on similar prior transactions
- Sponsorship regulatory and litigation history
- Sponsorship at-risk cash in the transaction
- Sponsorship personal financial strength and liquidity
- The source, form, and structure of other partners and equity
Capital requests considered must be in primary markets and strong secondary markets with positive population, target demographic, and economic growth trends. Further, the feasibility, viability, execution risk of the transaction, transaction economics, budget, and the timing of the realization event/exit will impact the equity capital availability, structure, and cost.
Wilshire’s business model is a relationship-based approach that favors repeat, systematic-type business with strong sponsorship seeking an efficient capital partner in exchange for delivering consistent, above-average returns.
DISCLOSURE: NALA | FS and Wilshire do not provide legal, accounting, or tax advice. All legal, accounting and tax services will be provided by separate engagement directly with third party advisors.
Copyright © 2022 Wilshire Finance NOTICES: This communication is not an offer to buy or sell securities, nor a loan approval, agreement or commitment to lend. The circulation of any attached documents is for discussion purposes only and Wilshire Finance Partners, Inc. may make substantial and material revisions to the same. Rates and terms are subject to change without notice. Information provided by Wilshire Finance Partners, Inc., its affiliates and their respective directors, managers, officers, employees and agents is not to be interpreted as legal, tax or accounting advice. Wilshire Finance Partners, Inc. is a debt collector and is required by law to inform you that this communication may be an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose. Investments in fund shares and/or trust deeds secured by one or more interests in real property are subject to risk of loss. Investments may only be sold to Accredited Investors who receive the applicable Private Placement Memorandum, Subscription Agreement and related documents and disclosures for the respective investment. Loans made by Wilshire Finance Partners, Inc. Department of Real Estate Broker License number 01523207 and California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, Finance Lenders License number 603K729. WFP Income Fund, LLC, California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, Finance Lenders License number 603K726. WFP Opportunity Fund, LLC California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, Finance Lenders License number 603K725. WFP Income Fund REIT, LLC California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, Finance Lenders License number 60DBO-99184 •Equal Opportunity Housing Lender•
The mission of NALAFLAS is to provide the best industry training, tools, and resources to owners and operators of Seniors Housing Communities.
PH: 877-669-NALA (6252)
11290 Walsingham Road
Largo, FL 33778